Musical Interlude II

The music "fasting" lasted four days - four days of no music but what I heard incidentally during the day. Which amounted to going to and from work and a very bad case of Steely Dan. My more day to day music, indeed my "wake up" music is Peter Gabriel. He would have been my first choice for music that has had the most impact, but because I listen to him so often some of that impact is dulled. His stuff is a background level stuff.

Here's the finale from his Secret World Tour back in the 90's. As a single musical event, that concert probably was the most powerfully present music I have ever witnessed. The song is, of course, "In Your Eyes", THE love song for the 80's scene.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jacaranda Petals and White Picket Fence

Kabalarian Philosophy

Identity and Self or "OMG!!! You shaved your head!"