Garrison Keilor Sums It Up

There was a time, back in the early 80's that I thought that while disagreeing with the Republican party, I could respect them. Back before I really understood what Reagan was doing and such. And even if I didn't like the Iran-Contra business, and didn't vote for them, I could at least respect them. Garrison Keilor's latest, sums up the transformation that has happened that makes that not possible anymore:

"The Republican Party used to specialize in gimlet-eyed, steel-rim, crepe-soled common sense and then it was taken over by crooked preachers who demand we trust them because they're packing a Bible and God sent them on a mission to enact lower taxes, less government. Except when things crash, and then government has to pick up the pieces."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jacaranda Petals and White Picket Fence

Kabalarian Philosophy

Identity and Self or "OMG!!! You shaved your head!"