Riding Day One


Riding Day One
Originally uploaded by mercutio2k
A friend just sent me this picture, from my first day of horseback riding. The Sudanese man who had been leading my horse around generously stepped out so I could give the illusion I knew what I was doing. The lessons have been fun. I've advanced to the point where the Captain wants me to wear a helmet, the first few times he ignored I didn't have one. I suppose if I fell from horses as docile as those were, I got what I deserved.

It's been a few weeks now of once or twice a week. Another friend observed to me, "The world looks different from horseback." It certainly does. Between motorcycles and horses, my free time here has become very nice.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jacaranda Petals and White Picket Fence

Kabalarian Philosophy

Identity and Self or "OMG!!! You shaved your head!"