Imperial Cathedral


Imperial Cathedral
Originally uploaded by mercutio2k
I didn't take a lot of great photos in Germany. Too distracted by the fun of good company and just seeing the place. Two years of high school German, a year and a half in college, and finally a use for all that German.

Of course, I spoke English everywhere I went. I was able to follow the explanation given by a lady in a shop when a credit card wouldn't work. That was kind of nice. Also, going in shops and having people assume I could speak German was a new experience. The last few years most people assume (correctly) I can't speak their language and so try English on me.

I found Germany lovely. Aachen is in the west, and has been alternately French, German and Dutch in the past. The town has a lovely relaxed feeling which, after Saudi, was a complete God-send.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jacaranda Petals and White Picket Fence

Kabalarian Philosophy

Identity and Self or "OMG!!! You shaved your head!"