All Along the Watchtower

Battlestar Galactica, in it's finale for Season 3, use the old Dylan song "All Along the Watchtower" to good effect. The song had never resonated with me, but this time it did. I set out, looking to find the "best" version of the song. A search on Amazon turned up some 200 commercially available covers. Other searches I did put it at close to 600. Everyone loves to cover this song.

I sampled Hendrix, Neil Young, and other versions, including one with a Latin sound to it. After much listening, I've decided this version is actually the one I like best. There is just the slightest hint of an Arabesque to this version, and it makes all the difference for me.

Ignore the video, enjoy the music:

Comments

Bren C. said…
Kevin,

There is a great analysis of "All Along the Watchtower" on the "Reasons to Rock" website:

http://www.reasontorock.com/tracks/watchtower.html

I hope you get a chance to watch the entire BSG series.

~Bren~

Popular posts from this blog

Jacaranda Petals and White Picket Fence

Kabalarian Philosophy

Identity and Self or "OMG!!! You shaved your head!"